Saturday, April 11, 2009

Bohpal (23MAR)





Bohpal can be summed up like this: 8 hour drive for a 20 minute visit to the 3rd largest mosque in the world.
Worth it? Well it did get us closer to Sanchi. Bohpal may have been an interesting city to spend a little more time in, but we really only had about 2 hours of day light by the time we arrived and didn't plan ahead to see much more than the mosque. At the mosque we thought the women in our group may be required to cover up more, but I was actually the one under dressed, showing a little too much leg in my shorts. So, I ended up wearing the shawl one of the girls had brought along, like a man dress. It was pretty sharp and matched my shirt like a black eye.
Anyway I've included some pictures of the mosque. Unfortunately, none of them have me and my sweet outfit in them. I was expecting the mosque to be more ornate inside, but there weren't any amazing details. The most shocking were the huge bee covered honey combs that hung from some of the archways.

No comments:

Post a Comment